Monday, April 1, 2013

This Ain't No April Fools Joke

As you gathered from previous blogs, there has been quite a difficult situation in which I had to deal with.  Mentally exhausting it has been, since there has been a lot of thinking about it....not only by me, but by others as well.
One question is "Where do I go from here?"  I have decided to continue to organize and host our Hilltop Trial in August, along with the Western Canadians, and go out with a bang.
We are awfully busy around this place, and I don't think we will have the time to do the amount of trialing anymore.  We still will need dogs to work the stock, but we won't need as many. 
It was difficult to say who was to stay, and who was to go...we have been quite lucky over the years, and people who have got our youngsters have been happy as well - I think that can attest to program we have followed - breeding the best to the best.
You have to forgive my videography skills (hard for me to walk and chew gum at the same time), but this short piece is showing my young dog Mitch working.
Maybe slightly dyslexic at times - but still a nice dog.
This fellow works sheep as well as cattle - here is a taste of that.
I hope that when you go to trials, or congregate around the old watering hole, you'll remember me for what I hope I portrayed - an honest, fair, hard-working gal who could occasionally run a pretty good dog, and share a good laugh.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK YOU GOT ME!! I still stand beside what I said!

      Delete
  2. :) What was your initial comment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remembered you offering to shave your head to raise money for something at the Final, three years ago...it was for a person in need...(something like that).....that shows your compassion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yah...and my hair grew back really grey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oklahoma enjoys the posts. Good one.

    ReplyDelete