Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Holy Fog

Well, big news is that the Mankota Ranch we were looking at has new owners - and it isn't us. So that means we are off looking at more places. I am not going to say where we went, because of the jinxing that seemed to have occur.

We decided to go on a clear day - NOT! This was the road going to Saskatchewan. We saw massive amount of snow in our travels.

We also saw this poor thing in the ditch - this is Chronic Wasting Disease - a disease of cervids (deer) - I could have touched her if I wanted too. (We saw her on the way back, and at that time there was less fog). After 3 hours of driving we made it to the yard. This fellow runs about 250 cows, and all of them have to have passports.
Snow, snow...everywhere you looked there was snow.
See I told you there was snow. The rancher took us out to see all of his land. Not much to see except....snow.
By the time we were coming home, it was a nice afternoon - and I was thankful I had Dora in 4 wheel drive - this is the hiway on the Alberta side - the Saskatchewan side was actually very good!
So, for the next few weeks we will be seeing other places, as well, I have to write a test for the Saskatchewan Veterinary Medical Association (think of me on April 10th) in Saskatoon. I think I should get some taxes done as well. Dog training, what is that anyways? I will be doing my training on the trial field. Might be drier that way as well.

1 comment:

  1. That is a horrible amount of snow for the end of March - are you sure you weren't in the Arctic?

    ReplyDelete