Monday, September 27, 2010

Yes Virgina, There Is A Santa Claus

Talk about Christmas coming early this year! Gin did me so proud, I am still busting up inside - quite overwhelming it is really. I didn't realize everyone was watching so closely - I would have waved at everyone at home. I did tug my ear for my family who was watching on the web - and they stayed tune in all day! And thankyou to those who said stripes were flattering - I made sure my underwear had stripes going vertical. I think I may had caused a few vertical stripes in people's pants those last few seconds of that run. Don't send me your underwear for me to clean please.
After the run, I had so many hugs..it was great! Then I had people offering to pick up Gin's bowel movements on the grounds...it was great! I should have maybe picked it up myself and had them bronzed. Pictures were taken with people I didn't even know - it was like one of my family reunions (I really don't know my cousins very well).
In my little mind, Gin was Reserve Champion for about 2 hours yesterday! But you know, 4th isn't that bad at all. I could die today and be a happy woman (which Corey tried to do last night as we were driving without our lights on the hiway). Gin and I played with the big boys, and it was a great booster to the moral - makes you want to go out again to play.
Gin got the All Round Stockdog Award - we were competing against Tom Forrester and Pete. Pete had received Reserve at the 2010 USBCHA Cattledog Finals, and Gin was 7th. I think this showed the great versatility of the dog, and proved that these dogs can be great at both!
Gin is having a slight extended stay at Virginia - she will be bred to Pete. She had a look in her eye as I shipped her off as if to say "What the heck, didn't I do good for you?" Don't worry my girl, you'll be back soon.
I made sure Fly knew she still is my favorite dog - she hung on, and pups will be born in Canada (probably in first week in October). As long as she is alive, she will be the number one dog.
We are going to fly out of Baltimore in the afternoon, but before we went, Coach Corey and I drove around Gettysburg, Pennsylvania for some civil war history. I will be sure to post alot of pictures when I get home.
Coach Corey/Tour Guide Corey is telling me it is time to go. Until later.....

2 comments:

  1. Ι dο not know if it's just me or if everyone else encountering issues with your website. It appears like some of the text in your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This might be a issue with my web browser because I've
    had thiѕ happen previously. Κudоs

    Feеl freе to visit mу web site: Cartridges For Electronic Cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey outstanding website! Does running a blog
    such as this require a massive amount work? I have absolutely no knowledge of
    programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog in
    the near future. Anyways, if you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please share.

    I know this is off topic nevertheless I just wanted to ask.
    Kudos!

    Feel free to visit my weblog Green Tea Tablets For Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete