Monday, April 5, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I know this is supposed to be about current things that happen, but I just got these pictures from Dawn Pucci.

Last year at the USBCHA finals, they were raising money for the American Cancer Society. I decided to do my own raising for the cause. I got pledges from spectators and dog trialers an in return I would shave my head.

I had done this about 10 years ago, and there has been many people shaving their head for cancer, but the way people reacted, it made me believe that this doesn't happen much in the USA-I felt the money went to research, and we would all benefit. Some called me a hero for doing it - no, the heroes are those that have to go through the chemo and radiation - I lost my hair willingly.

Herbert Holmes was happy to oblige to shave my head. He being the USBCHA President, and I being the CBCA President, it seemed fitting at the time.
A little of the sides please.

Herbert could open his own barber's shop.

In about 10 minutes, all was gone, and $1100 money was raised.

Six months have passed, and the hair has grown back - however, very grey. I have recently bought shares in the Clairol company (Clairol 114A is my friend).
I offered to cut Herbert's locks, but he declined. I will ask him again when he comes to Brooks this summer to judge EID Classic. Somehow, I think he will chicken out.







2 comments: