Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Thought Things Happened In Threes!

These days, my days are filled with filling the mouths of 13 lambs (not quite flocking lambs yet, but if I lose much more sleep, they will become flocking lambs). I have it down that I can feed all of them in 15 minutes with the help of the great Suckatronic (as I have christened it) - a pail with 6 nipples. Ingenious! It definitely has made my life easier. Actually it is quite fun doing it - been hoping to get a few more to add to them, but maybe I should leave well enough alone.
You know how people says things happens in threes - I think they may be wrong. Yesterday, I stepped on a nail - no, by the size of it I think it was the last spike. I hobbled around my birthday party (I have the mind of a 25 year old, but the body of a 62 year old - if you do the average you will get my age) and ate wonderful marshmallows made my my neices. About 1 am this morning, I stubbed my toe (of my beautifully new pedicured toes) going to the bathroom. Then the icing on the cake happened this morning. I was cooking scrambled eggs, and was walking to the stove, slipped on some pee left by a delightful (tongue in cheek) Jack Russell puppy and then grabbed the stove so I wouldn't fall. This is where the fourth episode happened. As I was grabbing the stove, I grabbed the hot burner. So now I am hobbling on both feet (very difficult to do) and have to learn to write with my left hand. I think I may just stay inside today, the gods look like they are having fun with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment