Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 - That's A Wrap

Well, only a few more days, and 2011 will be no more! It was a year of big changes in our lives, packing up (what the heck, we are still packing) and moving to Saskatchewan was (and is) a big endeavour. The other large thing that happened this year was going over to England to compete at the World Trial with Gin - hopefully I can do it again in the future. Now it is time to get used to the fast (as a snail) pace of Mankota/McCord life.


In the short time span I have been here, I have learned that the laws of the land include 1. Never leave home without a full tank of gas,2. Always be ready to wave at the passing motorist because they will be waving at you, whether they know you or not, and 3. Always keep an eye out for the crossing deer - you don't want to make them mad.


I work (at trying to keep busy) at the Mankota Vet Clinic a few days a week, and the other days of the week trying to stand in a vertical position since the wind blows here - a lot. I think I saw one of Louanne Twa's sheep from High River, Alberta blowing by the other day - or maybe it was my own. I do believe my sister thinks I will have a large amount of time on my hands, since for Christmas she had given me a ukulele - watch out I will be playing Tiny Bubbles next year at the dog trials.


A few hounds (the pups are losing their cuteness factor each day they grow) will be loaded up and transported back west to brighten the lives of some people-most notably mine. Louanne is having a New Year's Bash, and some crazy new puppy owners will be there to take these growling, ankle biters off of my hands (Oh, I meant, sweet bundles of fur). Three more will take their passports and go the the USA to raise havoc - I am afraid terrorist attacks will still occur - as long as they have their sharp baby teeth.

1 comment:

  1. Your much younger sisterDecember 29, 2011 at 2:03 PM

    Yes - I can see it now...We want to see Chris play too!!!

    ReplyDelete