Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Hunting We Will Go

I had just taken the dogs for a walk, and was doing some chores at the barn, when I heard a bunch of barking in the distance. I didn't think much of it, then I realized that Cap was not close by. Now Cap has been known to go and work sheep on his own, and often that is not to the sheep's benefit. Let's just say our sheep would not win any beauty contests because of the missing ears and tails.
My heart fell into my gut when I saw what I thought was a sheep on her back floundering.
However, it only turned out to be Mikey rubbing his back - if you notice his dirty feet, you can understand why I thought it was a ewe on her back.
Then I saw what the commotion was about - yes it was Cap, and his friend of the hour, Billie the Jack Russell. Why was there a commotion? Well, a gopher thought it there a good hiding spot to go into a pipe - the calls of it only drove the dogs nuts though.


Billie tried her darnest to fit her head into the pipe - Cap and Billie has successfully removed the pipe and moved it 150 yards from where it had originally had been.

In the end, the dogs were brought home feeling defeated. The squeals of the gopher could still be heard as we walked back to the yard. If he knows what is good for him, he will find a better hiding place next time. I don't think the Saskatchewan Roughriders would have been able to coax him out of the pipe. Perhaps that is why he went to the pipe - he is still living the embarassment of the Grey Cup 2009 and the infamous 13th man on the field in the final seconds of the game. Well Roughriders, if you want your mascot back - you had better come quick, since my dogs will try their best to get Gainer.






No comments:

Post a Comment